Email | Vita | Website
- Dissertation title: "Deconstructing Bias: How Partnership Status Modifies the Motherhood Penalty and Fatherhood Bonus"
- Dissertation committee: Erin Leahey (Chair)
- Research and Teaching Interests: Social Psychology, Theory, Gender, Social Networks
- Dissertation Title: "Organizational Emergence and the Rise of Vendor Management"
- Dissertation Committee: Erin Leahey (co-chair), Joseph Broschak (co-chair)
- Research and Teaching Interests: Organizations, occupations, and work; labor markets; inequality; gender/race/class; qualitative and quantitative methods
- Dissertation Title: Testing the Intrinsic Benefit Model of Cultural Signaling
- Dissertation Committee: Joseph Galaskiewicz (chair, Linda Molm, Ronald Breiger, Tamar Kugler
- Research and Teaching Interests: Social Psychology, Group Processes, Social Networks, Organizations, Research Methodologies
- Dissertation Title: “How Inequality Affects Health: Reconciling Evidence from Cross-sectional, Relational, and Longitudinal Analyses”
- Dissertation Committee: Ron Breiger (chair), Terrence HIll, Erin Leahey
- Research and Teaching Interests: Social Determinants of Health; Methods and Statistics; Inequality; Sociology of Health and Illness; Social Epidemiology; End-of-life; Networks; Culture; Topic Modeling; Sports.
- Dissertation Title: “Engineering Equality: The Organization of Education Labor Markets and the Distribution of Teacher Quality in Japan”
- Dissertation Committee: Joseph Galaskiewicz (chair), Jane Zavisca, Jeffrey Sallaz
- Research and Teaching interests: social inequality (e.g. race); structural inequality (e.g. networks, organization); methods and statistics (including programming); labor markets; organizational theory; education
- Dissertation Title: "Building a Wall of Resistance: The Consequences of Activist's Repression-Management Strategies"
- Dissertation Committee: Jennifer Earl (chair)
- Research and Teaching Interests: Social Movements, Policing, Law, Deviance, Culture